BOOKING YOUR TRIP
There are normally 16 camps each season; eight three night camps and eight four night camps. Our changeover days are Sunday and Thursday. A schedule is sent out early in the year to all members who complete a form with first, second, and third date preferences. A deposit of $1500 must accompany each reservation. The Hakai Land and Sea Board of Directors then does everything they can to accommodate the members preferences.
Members often invite friends as their guests. Many of their guests later become members.
If you are interested in joining the Club as a member or visiting as a guest, please contact Lisa Bergstrom at 604-560-5050 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RATES & FEES
Our current Club initiation fee is $1,000 plus GST. Effective September 1, 2018, it will be $2,000 plus GST. This fee is non-refundable but may be transferred to a son or daughter should a member decide to resign from the Club. All prices are in Canadian dollars.
As our membership is capped at 110 members, there may be a waiting list at the time a membership application is received. In this case, there is a $500 non-refundable deposit, which will be credited against the initiation fee in effect at the time of submission of a membership application.
Annual member dues are $1,000 plus GST. Camp rates include airfare from Vancouver.
Family members (includes the spouse, children, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren of an individual Member) are charged at a discounted rate. All others are charged at the non-member rate.
All memberships are personal (i.e., no corporate memberships) *5% GST is added to the above prices.
We have a minimum tipping policy in place of $50 per fisherman per night ($150 for three nights and $200 for four nights). Tips will be collected on the last morning and divided equally among the staff.
2018 Member Price – $2,800 +GST
2018 Family Price – $3,200 +GST
2018 Guest Price – $3,950 +GST
Thursday – depart Vancouver at 8:45am, arrive at 11:00am
Sunday – depart Hakai at 12:00pm, arrive Vancouver at 2:00pm
2018 Member Price – $3,400 +GST
2018 Family Price – $3,600 +GST
2018 Guest Price – $4,600 +GST
Sunday – depart Vancouver at 8:45am, arrive at 11:00am
Thursday – depart Hakai at 12:00pm, arrive Vancouver at 2:00pm
2018 Reservation Guidelines
1. A Reservation Form and schedule will be mailed out to all members early in the new year.
2. The Reservation Form must be completed in full including FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD preferences.
3. A $1500/person deposit must accompany each Reservation. This deposit becomes non-refundable 14 days after the Initial Booking Schedule is published, and distributed by the Society.
4. All Reservations received prior to the deadline will be deemed to have been received on the same date and treated on an equal basis. All Reservations received on or after the deadline will be treated on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis.
5. If any GROUP on the schedule is oversubscribed by the Reservations received prior to the deadline, the President will resolve the conflict by a suitable system (i.e. coin toss, discussion).
6. If a member is not, for whatever reason, successful in booking the First preference, every effort will be made to attempt to book the Second or Third preference.
7. If a Second or Third preference is not noted on the Reservation Form, a member will lose an opportunity to book an alternate if the First preference is not successful. To avoid disappointment, ensure that all 3 preferences are filled in.
8. No Reservation can be accepted without a deposit.
9. All prior outstanding accounts must be paid in full before a Reservation can be made.